Reed A. Cartwright posted Entry 2932 on February 24, 2007 12:00 AM.
Trackback URL: http://www.pandasthumb.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.fcgi/2922

I’m just here reminding y’all that Prof. Steve Steve will have lunch at Cafe Cyclo in Raleigh, NC’s Cameron Village today (Saturday). Come by at 1 PM if you want to hang out with a septuple-PhD.

Directions

Use KwickXML formatting to markup your comments: <b>, <i>, <u> <s>, <quote author="...">, <url href="...">, etc. You may need to refresh before you will see your comment.

Remember personal info?

Posted by steve s on February 24, 2007 12:26 AM (e)

Have fun without me. I just got back from Local 506 and too much drinky drinky. Cafe Cyclo has a great interior and some cute waitresses, but I recommend getting the coffee from the Starbucks in the Harris Teeter around the corner and sneaking it into Cyclo.

Posted by coturnix on February 24, 2007 11:03 AM (e)

Sorry, too sick to get out of bed….

Posted by Reed A. Cartwright on February 24, 2007 2:19 PM (e)

Well Prof. Steve Steve and I just got back. Cafe Cyclo was closed so we ended up sitting outside at the Village Deli. Nic George and his better half Sally showed up a little after we got there. Engineer Poet came a bit later. I’ll have pictures up later.

Prof. Steve Steve said that he wants to do this again both in Raleigh and in other cool towns.

Posted by Engineer-Poet on February 24, 2007 3:32 PM (e)

’Twas a good time.  It’s the first time I’ve sat outside in shirtsleeves in February since my tour of Texas.

Posted by Engineer-Poet on February 24, 2007 3:34 PM (e)

BTW, Nic and Reed:  Drop me an e-mail for more info on our subjects of conversation.

Posted by Nic George on February 24, 2007 5:06 PM (e)

Prof. Steve Steve was taller and a lot more talkative than I imagined he would be.

Posted by Katarina on February 25, 2007 8:27 AM (e)

Sometime I hope you decide to meet closer to Indiana.