Reed A. Cartwright posted Entry 2626 on October 6, 2006 04:31 PM.
Trackback URL: http://www.pandasthumb.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.fcgi/2620

Since Flock of Dodos: The Evolution-Intelligent Design Circus has now found a distributor, Documentary Educational Resources, institutions, like libraries and universities, can now buy a copy for $345, which includes public performance rights.

I have asked the NCSU Library to acquire a copy, which they’ve agreed to do. (Coturnix did so as well.)

When the DVD comes in, the library is going to hold it for me. When I get it, I plan on having a screening, putting those public performance rights to good use. I still have to work out the details, but if you are in the research-triangle area and want information regarding the showing, post a comment with your contact email address. Whenever the details get worked out, I’ll drop y’all a line.

Posted by Daryl Cobranchi on October 6, 2006 5:09 PM (e)

Daryl Cobranchi
daryl@cobranchi.com

I’m in Fayetteville, but it’d deefinitely be worth the drive to see the flick and meet some of the PT regulars.

Posted by steve s on October 6, 2006 6:00 PM (e)

RTP/Chapel Hill, stevestory@gmail.com

Posted by Woodrow Jarvis "asim" Hill on October 6, 2006 7:32 PM (e)

I’m in Charlotte, and out of town a lot, but would love to try to make something, if possible, on the weekends.

Posted by Woodrow Jarvis "asim" Hill on October 6, 2006 7:34 PM (e)

Sorry, forgot to put my email as a seperate bit:

asim@mindspring.com

Posted by the pro from dover on October 6, 2006 7:35 PM (e)

The movie is also playing on Sat Oct 14 at Denver Museum of Natural History with the filmmaker.

Posted by Nic George on October 7, 2006 5:10 AM (e)

Hi Reed,

I am moving from Australia to the triangle area in three weeks (my wife is starting a PhD at Duke). I have been a Pandas Thumb visitor for a few years now so I am interested in the screening, and to be honest I am also interested in the opportunity to meet people from NC.

Nic

(Dr Nic now! Only just found out this week! Not that I am boasting or anything…)

Posted by Peter on October 7, 2006 5:32 PM (e)

I’m going to try to get one for PSU Altoona.

Posted by Fross on October 7, 2006 10:42 PM (e)

I’ve been wanting to see this movie. I live in Apex (just got back from the evactuation)

shoot me the info when you get it @ fross(at)epicgames.com

Posted by wildlifer on October 8, 2006 7:28 AM (e)

I’m on Cape Hatteras until December, so drop me a line at wildlifer(at)ionet.net

Posted by RBH on October 9, 2006 12:57 AM (e)

Congrats!

Posted by Nic George on October 9, 2006 2:13 AM (e)

Thanks RBH!

There are so many things I would like to go back and do differently I am not all that proud of it. I don’t feel i deserve it.

Posted by Dave Mescher on October 9, 2006 11:31 AM (e)

I’d be interested in seeing it, linving in NE Raleigh.

DaveMschr@aol.com

Posted by Pete Soderman on October 10, 2006 10:08 AM (e)

I would drive up from Wilmington for a showing. Almost anytime.

Posted by Jim Hofmann on October 10, 2006 2:55 PM (e)

I’ve ordered a copy through Cal State Fullerton.
I’ll see what I can set up. Let me know if you are in the Los Angeles area and want to help.

Jim Hofmann