Wesley R. Elsberry posted Entry 2129 on March 21, 2006 12:36 PM.
Trackback URL: http://www.pandasthumb.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.fcgi/2124

Panda’s Thumb made it into the finals for “Best Blog Community” in the Koufax Awards. It would be nice if there were at least one vote registered for PT in the final round vote. And have a look at the other final round votes, too, while you are at it.

Posted by Wesley R. Elsberry on March 21, 2006 2:26 PM (e)

Seen at Wampum:

Pandas Thumb HAS to be the best community, although it would be good if they kicked out Heddle and Carol - the 21st century’s reprise of the original MASH roles of Hot Lips Hoolihan and Frank Burns.

Posted by k.e. on March 21, 2006 2:47 PM (e)

Carol & Heddle, Hot Lips Hoolihan and Frank Burns
Brilliant!!

ILSHMAFO

Posted by Henry J on March 21, 2006 3:11 PM (e)

Except that Hoolihan grew up in later seasons of that series…

Posted by J-Dog on March 21, 2006 3:51 PM (e)

Thank you Dr. Elsbery!

Henry J - I was thinking of the movie MASH, where Frank Burns is hauled away in disgrace a straight jacket, eerily presaging what will undoubtedly be the eventual end of Mr. Heddle.

Posted by Bruce Thompson GQ on March 21, 2006 4:56 PM (e)

I thought it was just me, but everyone else seems to be having the same problem with posting their comments and multiple posts (votes) are resulting. Either that or the enthusiasm is overwhelming. I guess the PT motto should be “Vote early and vote often”.

Delta Pi Gamma (Scientia et Fermentum)

Posted by Steviepinhead on March 21, 2006 5:05 PM (e)

Well, you click on “Panda’s Thumb” up in the list of finalists, and that just brings you back here–it’s a link, not a vote.

You go down to leave a comment “voting” for PT, and it never fully loads. You go back and attempt to comment again, and it tells you that multiple comments too close together are blocked. You wait awhile and attempt to vote again and the comment never submits. You…

Someone’s rigged the system all right, but it’s not the PTers trying to vote!

Posted by Bruce Thompson GQ on March 21, 2006 5:36 PM (e)

None of posts “fully loaded” which was why I reposted. I gave up and moved on to other things, went back later and saw multiple posts had appeared. I received a server error message trying to post once, but my comment showed up anyway…

I’m sticking with “vote early and vote often”.

Delta Pi Gamma (Scientia et Fermentum)

Posted by coturnix on March 21, 2006 10:47 PM (e)

Well, PT got a vote from me. The trick is to vote in one category at a time and space them about 10 minutes apart - that way you avoid error messages.

Posted by Renier on March 26, 2006 4:05 PM (e)

Wish more people would take the time.

Posted by Melissa Ziegler on June 23, 2006 12:06 PM (e)

Hello admin, nice site you have! Not much on my mind right now, but it’s not important. I’ve just been letting everything happen without me. I just don’t have anything to say right now.