Reed A. Cartwright posted Entry 1362 on August 17, 2005 10:48 PM.
Trackback URL: http://www.pandasthumb.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.fcgi/1360

Well, I finally got around to finding and fixing the javascript bug which prevented people using Safari from browsing my personal blog: De Rerum Natura. Now I can install the javascripts on PT to improve the experience here.

Posted by RBH on August 18, 2005 12:08 AM (e)

Testing. One, two, three. Testing.

Posted by steve on August 18, 2005 12:12 AM (e)

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, “you will kill your son, Issak”, and Abraham said, I can’t hear you, you’ll have to speak into the microphone.”
“Oh I’m sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check, check check… Jerry, pull the high end out, I’m still getting some hiss back here.”

Posted by HRG on August 18, 2005 2:17 AM (e)

You know you have spent too much time in the E/C debate ……. when you read “Sarfati” instead of “Safari” (as I just did) :)

Regards, HRG.

Posted by David on August 18, 2005 8:11 AM (e)

I wondered what the problem was. Thanks for fixing the bug.

Posted by Reed A. Cartwright on August 18, 2005 8:27 AM (e)

Safari crashed on “regexp.split(/\0/);” I simply changed the deliminator.

Posted by SEF on August 18, 2005 1:59 PM (e)

Hmm… you seem to have added an ActiveX control somewhere in the past day(?) about which my setup is warning me. It’s a little annoying. Like pages which insist I load a Japanese module or something elsewhere or even the flashing panda graphic and weird gaps within comments interacting with hover and scroll here.

Posted by Reed A. Cartwright on August 18, 2005 2:09 PM (e)

SEF,

That is probably due to some of the fixes we have to use to give Internet Explorer some semblence of modern browser capabilities. IE is so broken and out of date that we sometimes have to take drastic measures to provide content for it.

If it annoys you, switch to Firefox.

Posted by Michael Hopkins on August 18, 2005 6:31 PM (e)

I too at first thought a reference was being made to Sarfati and was preparing to note that his name was mispelled.

Posted by SEF on August 20, 2005 4:15 PM (e)

Hmm…

Now the PT site/server has told me I haven’t posted before and my “first” comment needs to be approved - and has vanished it to limbo. (NB I can’t believe there was anything wrong with it but there’s been no sign of it appearing for the last couple of hours. Perhaps everyone’s off for the weekend.)

I supposed it might say “first” because this new system had only just been installed. On the other hand it might continue to decide every post I make is the first one because I hadn’t ever bothered to get a login (despite a recent thread about making it obligatory on rather spurious grounds).

Having now looked at the login page though, it wants me to have a certificate which my system says is not a valid or trustworthy one in some sense. I expect that’s because it’s “authority” is itself and is local to the server hosting PT. But I don’t recall PZ’s one setting off the alarm system.

Hmm…

Posted by SEF on August 20, 2005 4:17 PM (e)

OK, freakily that post worked. Yet my intended to be helpful post to Katarina still wasn’t visible a moment ago and so presumably hasn’t been approved. Odd.