Prof. Steve Steve posted Entry 1249 on July 26, 2005 05:07 PM.
Trackback URL: http://www.pandasthumb.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.fcgi/1247

I met a visiting fugitive from the failed democracy of Australia, an erstwhile philosopher by the name of Willikins or Wilks or something (I didn’t catch the name, being attacked by predators as I was at the time). He has a description of the event at his blog.

Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP

Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP Steve Steve and the T. rex at UCMP

Posted by Bayesian Bouffant, FCD on July 26, 2005 5:14 PM (e)

I suspect Bill Dembski, the Fig Newton of Information Theory and torturer of stuffed action figures, will enjoy that Smilodon photo.

Posted by afarensis on July 26, 2005 5:35 PM (e)

I for one am shocked that Wilkins would use you to distract that Smilodon so he could get away!

Posted by Bruce Thompson GQ on July 26, 2005 6:07 PM (e)

Dr. Dino sez if you pull off those nasty T. rex arms, they’ll bleed to death. Just get your little paw around that arm and give it a good yank.

Posted by IAMB on July 26, 2005 6:27 PM (e)

But wouldn’t you then have to worry about Mr. Rex breathing fire on you? He wouldn’t bleed to death instantly, you know…

Posted by Reed A. Cartwright on July 26, 2005 6:35 PM (e)

No, T. Rexes were vegitarians, remember. He was just showing Prof. Steve Steve where to find the tastiest bamboo.

Posted by Joseph O'Donnell on July 26, 2005 6:39 PM (e)

A fire breathing T-rex? I know Kent Hovind is stupid, but he isn’t seriously this stupid is he?

Posted by ts on July 26, 2005 6:43 PM (e)

Hovind: “Before you become excited, let me tell you the four reasons that I believe in fire-breathing dragons. My first reason why I believe in fire-breathing dragons is that the Bible plainly states it as fact.”

Posted by Steviepinhead on July 26, 2005 6:49 PM (e)

Well, at least he gets the walnut-sized brain right.

Except he attributes that brain size to the T Rex, instead of himself.

Posted by IAMB on July 26, 2005 7:11 PM (e)

Look at the text in the bottom left of the picture so generously supplied by Bruce- right under Mr. Rex’s tail. Dr. Dino created, er, intelligently designed that restaurant placemat.

Just out of curiosity, since he gets to call himself “DR.” without any real degree, does that mean I can call myself whatever I want? I’ve always wanted to be a knight…

Posted by Bruce Thompson GQ on July 26, 2005 7:25 PM (e)

Syntax Error: mismatched tag 'b'

Posted by Bruce Thompson GQ on July 26, 2005 7:31 PM (e)

Sorry, hit the “post”, before I was finished

Posted by Ediacaran on July 26, 2005 9:22 PM (e)

Professor Steve Steve, did they have eucalyptus sliders as well as the White Castle variety? I hear sliders are especially tasty when accompanied by Scientia et Fermentum.

Next time, invite the Grand Quartermaster of Delta Pi Gamma (the Darwin Pressure Group), he has a nifty new vehicle to drive everyone around in. Too, how nice to meet 7-time Nobel Laureate Nominee Dr. Eugenie Scott. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all, including the Smilodon.

Posted by ajp on July 26, 2005 9:55 PM (e)

“…failed democracy of Australia,…”

It’s true, but the guy who has done a great deal to help it fail recently, only cut his teeth here; he moved on to greener pastures some time ago. Also, AiG seems to suggest that we are the world largest per capita producer or fruitcakes: we only make…you buy them ;-).

Posted by ajp on July 26, 2005 10:46 PM (e)

Sorry about the ongoing hassle with grammar, punctuation, spelling/typos, ect…
My eyesight is extremely bad (ocular albinism: first-class piece of @#$%^&* engineering that is)
That in combination with the fact that —out of what I must suppose was an act of genuine kindness- because of the poor eyesight, the nuns taught me to type long before they realised their efforts would be better spent beating me, leaves us here: me typing at ridiculous speeds and not really seeing what I’m typing.

Posted by steve on July 26, 2005 11:03 PM (e)

Yeah, the eye, real marvel of design there, considering that a quarter or so of people need glasses, 5 percent are colorblind, etc.

I think ID stands for Incompetent Design.

Posted by Reed A. Cartwright on July 26, 2005 11:08 PM (e)

Not to mention all the hairy palms!

Posted by ajp on July 27, 2005 4:09 AM (e)

Quite!

Posted by snaxalotl on July 27, 2005 7:17 AM (e)

Delta Pi Gamma shortens quite nicely to Delta PiG, which also suggests a logo.

Posted by Bayesian Bouffant, FCD on July 27, 2005 8:44 AM (e)

I would recommend FCD.

Posted by IAMB on July 27, 2005 11:09 AM (e)

I would recommend FCD.

Good idea, and done.

Matt, FCD

Posted by Paul Flocken on July 27, 2005 9:37 PM (e)

From snaxalotl in Comment #39682:

“Delta Pi Gamma shortens quite nicely to Delta PiG, which also suggests a logo.”

But Delta Pi Gamma already has a logo, a panda surfing a PT Cruiser, that is, if the University of Ediacara will share Pr. Steve Steve with us.