Ed Brayton posted Entry 12 on March 24, 2004 10:21 AM.
Trackback URL: http://www.pandasthumb.org/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.fcgi/11

The Panda's Thumb is already getting some notice around the blogosphere. Our first few links:

Kieran Healy of Crooked Timber recommends us as a follow up to a brief review of the Brian Leiter/Lawrence VanDyke controversy.

Brian Leiter has also given us a plug, along with his usual plainspoken bluntness.

And Tim Sandefur of the Freespace blog gives us a push, while taking us to task, as a self-declared "hardcore Dawkins fan", for choosing a Gouldian title. I know that Tim is also a major Daniel Dennett fan as well, but I didn't tell him that one of the possible names I was bandying about for this blog was "Darwin's Dangerous Idea Logs".

Thanks for the links, folks.

Update: Thanks also to Skeptical Notion for their mention of The Panda's Thumb.

And add Catallaxy to the list.

Posted by PZ Myers on March 24, 2004 11:13 AM (e)

Uh-oh. Trying to promote a Dennett/Dawkins axis in this crowd would have gotten you at least one wail of protest.

Posted by Morat on March 24, 2004 11:42 AM (e)

I can only assume you’ve overlooked my powerful and influential blog. :)

Posted by eon on March 24, 2004 12:02 PM (e)

Personally, since you’ll be addressing IDers, I would have called it “The Panda’s Middle Finger”

Posted by Ed Brayton on March 24, 2004 12:25 PM (e)

Eon-

LOL. That idea was discussed and set aside as a tad too inflammatory.

Posted by Ed Brayton on March 24, 2004 12:28 PM (e)

Morat-

Sorry, I hadn’t noticed that one. I’m sure there are others I haven’t noticed as well. There must be for all the traffic we’re getting this early.

Posted by Morat on March 24, 2004 1:00 PM (e)

technocratic will catch them over the next few days. It’s a good idea, with a lot of solid – and expert – bloggers.

What’s not to like? A lot of us are merely flogging opinions that are a bit short of “expert”…myself included. I’m quite good at what I do, and am certainly an expert in it, but it’s not interesting enough to blog on….

Science is.

Posted by Dan on March 24, 2004 3:39 PM (e)

Got here via Political Animal, Kevin Drum’s new blog.

Posted by Jason Malloy on March 24, 2004 6:26 PM (e)

I mentioned a year ago how utterly disappointing the lack of evolution was in the blogosphere, but lately, esp. since Myers, Zimmer [!!], the Leiter/Brayton axis of Van Dyke humiliation, and now this, I can say every expectation has been exceeded. And I couldn’t be happier.

Posted by God Fearing Atheist on March 25, 2004 1:06 PM (e)

Just added an EvoWiki link.

Posted by James Lekheto on October 2, 2004 1:09 PM (e)

What do you think about elections?